I’m excited to share a recipe that Jon and I made Thursday night for dinner. It was all his idea, and he found the recipe in The Eat Clean Diet Recharged (the book that changed my life:). So, without further ado…
Paradise Island Bean Burgers
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice1 clove garlic (passed through garlic press) (I just used minced garlic to save time)
- 2 tbsp leeks, whites only, finely chopped (I used onions b/c I didn’t have any leeks on hand)
- 2 tbsp cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 4 ezekiel buns, toasted
- Mix all ingredients except the olive oil and buns in a large bowl. Coat clean hands with olive oil to mix.
- Divide mixture into equal fourths. Shape into patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium flame and coat lightly with oil. Add patties and cook five minutes per side or until the patties are golden and crispy
- Serve on toasted burger buns.
I topped mine off with some (previously) homemade guacamole, a little bit of hot sauce, some greens, a slice of tomato and some pickles. Obvs. with a side of baked sweet potato fries. This meal was super tasty. The bean burger itself could have used a little bit heavier dose of spices in my opinion, but overall it was pretty tasty. It was pretty quick to put together, too!