Whew! Today has been kind of crazy. Do you ever have those days where it seems that everything seems to go wrong? Well, that was today all the way up until 5pm when I arrived home from work. Enough about it, though, no need to carry it on!
I just have to say, first of all, thanks so much to all of you who have been stopping by and checking out CSM. Next to seeing my sweet husband, blogging is one of the highlights of my day. So, when I see that people are swinging by it thrills me to no end! I would love to hear from each of you in the comments, so that I can know who all is out there! Please drop me a line if you get a chance! Don’t be shy:)
And thanks so much to those of you who have been dropping me a line – you totally make my day!
Sorry guys, but lunch today was kind of a repeat. I love taking leftover for lunch, so when I have a large batch of something, such as Veggie-tel, I kill it! I did swap out the apple for a pear – just to add a little excitement. Oh, and threw in some chopped avocado as well. Somehow I forgot it yesterday. Doh!
I snacked on some baby carrots and sliced cucumber right after school today. I had to hold one little hoodlum after in detention. I threatened him with his life had a good little chat with him, so I’m hoping tomorrow is the last day we’ll spend time together after school. Somebody’s gotta keep these kids in line! These veggies held me over until my real snack on the commute home – a banana and a brown rice cake slathered with cashew butter. My cashew butter is almost out, which is not good considering the new budget implementations. Good ole’ PB will have to come to my rescue. It’s never a bad thing to get back to the basics I suppose.
Speaking of budget implementations, yesterday I promised a budget friendly delicious meal, and I definitely can’t go back on a promise. So, without further ado…
- 2 cans rotel (generic works great!)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can chili beans, rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can of corn, no salt added
- 1 12 oz. pkg whole wheat pasta
- 2 tbsp ground red pepper (or to taste) – I douse it!
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Cook pasta
- While pasta is cooking, dump everything else in a large pot (yes, everything else!)
- Let mixture cook through while pasta is boiling
- Drain pasta and add to mixture
That’s it! That’s one of the many joys of this meal. It takes all of about 15 minutes to make. It’s clean. It’s delicious. It’s cheap. Doesn’t get much better.
One thing I’d like to mention, considering this recipe has a lot of canned goods that go into it, is to be very careful when picking out your canned items. When I first started eating clean, I realized how many random things like sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup etc. can come in things as simple as a can of corn or beans. There are definitely versions that are clean, you just have to look for them. I often buy Great Value because most of their canned beans, such as black, are pure and simple…they way we like it!
Well, that’s all for tonight! I’m off to respond to a couple of emails and then hit the sack! Hope you all had a fantastic day:)
other posts you might enjoy...
2 Responses to “Mexican Fiesta Pasta”
- How to Make Your Tummy Flatter to Fit Your Wedding Gown - [...] Mexican Fiesta Pasta|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds [...]
- countin’ the cals..what are your thoughts?|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] other thing I wanted to add is about my recipe for Mexican Fiesta Pasta. My sister made a batch ...
- takin’ me back|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] was a little more carb heavy. I somehow failed to get a picture, but the husband and I made ...