Last week, in honor of my 100th post on ChiaSeedMe, I promised you guys a rockin’ giveaway. Well, I’m never one to go back on my promises…so without further ado
It’s GIVEAWAY TIME!!!
Obviously, you guys know that I love Chia seeds. For those of you who are new readers, here is a little rundown of all the benefits of these tiny little seeds.
- Chia seeds naturally contain more than 60% Omega-3 fatty acid – this is the highest percentage of Omega-3 of any commercially available source.
- Chia seeds are a complete source of dietary protein, providing all the essential amino acids.
- Chia seeds can absorb more than nine times their volume in water or other liquid. This can prolong hydration and retain electrolytes in body fluids, especially during exertion or exercise.
- Chia seeds are a great source of fiber. One serving can provide 30% of the daily requirement.
- Chia seeds are gluten free!
- The gel-forming property of Chia seeds tends to slow digestion and sustain balanced blood sugar levels, which can be helpful in preventing or controlling diabetes.
- Because of the Chia seed’s ability to retain fluid, it aids in weight loss by helping to keep you feeling full longer
- Chia seeds contain large amounts of B vitamins and calcium.
- Chia seeds contain boron, which is needed for bones. Boron is needed to aid the metabolism of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus in bones and for muscle growth.
- Chia seeds contain six times more calcium than whole milk, three times more iron than spinach and fifteen times more magnesium than broccoli!
- info found here.
Now can you see why I have such a love affair with these little guys?
I want YOU to have the chance to enjoy Chia seeds as much as I do!
Monterey Bay Spice Company (herbco.com)has been so generous to sponsor this giveaway by giving away not one, but two 1 pound bags of Chia Seeds; each winner will receive 1 bag. Did you catch that? TWO WINNERS!
The following are 3 ways to Enter (you can do one, two or all three!):
- 1 ENTRY for leaving a comment on this post
- 1 ENTRY by adding ChiaSeedMe to your blogroll or just tell me if it already is
- 1 ENTRY for following me on twitter and tweet about the giveaway using this: want a chance to try Chia seeds or restock your current stash? enter to win! http://chiaseedme.com/?p=1354
**Please leave a comment for each way that you entered.
The giveaway will close on Sunday, July 11th at midnight, and the winner will be announced early next week.
Good luck everyone!! And thanks for being readers of CSM:)
Also, make sure and check out Monterey Bay Spice Company for great prices on Chia seeds, spices, teas and much more!
other posts you might enjoy...
30 Responses to “100th post giveaway!!”
- Tweets that mention 100th post giveaway!!|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by City|Life|Eats and Sarah Collins. Sarah Collins said: Check out another great giveaway! ...
- baby cuteness|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] Breakfast before Turbokick – Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup raw oats, the last of the frozen cherries and chias [...]
- one week later|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] First off, I want to remind everyone to enter my 100th post chia seed giveaway! [...]
- day at the market|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] are only 2 days left in my chia seed giveaway. There will be two winners, and currently the entries ...
- keepin’ it real-what does “healthy” mean?|ChiaSeedMe - [...] eat all different kinds of foods. I love to try new health foods, such as Amazing Grass, tempeh, chia ...