Are you ready for this?
I have something exciting to share with you today!
As someone who has had one grandma pass away due to cancer and another grandma fight (and win!) a battle with cancer, I am passionate about contributing in the pursuit of a cure to this devastating disease.
I’m sure many, if not all of you have or know someone who has battled with cancer, and you probably possess just as much of a desire to fight back as I do.
For this reason, the moment I heard about this exciting opportunity to help raise money and tell everyone about the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF), I knew I couldn’t pass it up!!
“…the mission of OCRF is very straightforward: to fund research to find a method of early detection and ultimately a cure for ovarian cancer.”
Not only does the OCRF fund research through four different grant programs, they also strive to educate women about ovarian cancer in an effort to make a difference in the lives of those who are at risk.
It is through the diligent dedication and commitment of people just like you and me that the OCRF is able to continue in this crucial pursuit.
In an effort to raise money and help spread the word about the OCRF, Foodbuzz is teaming together with Electrolux and Kelly Ripa by sponsoring a sweet summertime challenge and a Top 9 Takeover for Featured Publishers!
During these long summer months, when the air is so thick you could slice it with a knife, Foodbuzz knows that one easy and healthy way to stay cool is by indulging in your favorite summertime treats! That is why they’ve created the ultimate banana split challenge!
The best part is that for every banana split submitted by a Featured Publisher, Foodbuzz will donate $50 to the OCRF! Also, Foodbuzz will select the top 9 banana splits posts to be featured in the Top 9 Splits takeover!
To participate in the challenge, I have created the Classic Vegan Banana Split!
This split is loaded with homemade goodness. Three generous scoops of homemade vegan banana softserve in three classic flavors: peanut butter, strawberry and chocolate! Topped off with made-from-scratch vegan coconut whipped cream, sprinkled with carob chips, dusted with chia seeds (of course!) and crowned by two happy cherries!
I am so honored and excited to be a part of this challenge and to be involved with a company who reaches out to support cancer research.
Now go make your own banana split and stay cool!
other posts you might enjoy...
122 Responses to “Electrolux #splits: Classic Vegan Banana Split”
- Guide for the parents with the syndrome d' To sprinkle and high level autism: How to make to raise the défis and to help your child à l' épanouissement | Free Autism Cure Tips - [...] Electrolux #splits: Classic Vegan Banana Split|ChiaSeedMe | My … [...]
- Tweets that mention Electrolux #splits: Classic Vegan Banana Split|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alonso R. Arellano, Candice. Candice said: loved every minute of creating this ...
- time to celebrate|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] After dinner we spent the evening working on my banana split for the Foodbuzz Ultimate Banana Split Challenge ...
- $6 well spent + recipes!|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] you all know, I participated in the Foodbuzz Ultimate Banana Split Challenge by making this [...]
- i went to arkansas…|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] A congratulations from Foodbuzz for making the top 9 with my Classic Vegan Banana Split! [...]