Well, in t-minus 8 hours I’ll be setting off on my way to our lake cabin to spend a couple of days with my mom and sister.
I’m quite excited about this little excursion as it’s the only girl trip we’ve taken since before Jon and I were married off. There will be eating, skiing, swimming, eating, PiYo-ing, reminscing, puppy kissing, eating, boat riding, sunbathing, and much much more. Oh, did I mentioned eating?
As a food blogger through and through, I must first post my eats from the rest of today! Which are actually rather anticlimactic seeing as how I spent another 3/4 of a day in the car and at the orthodontist. Yay.
I was forced to take lunch on the go so it was back to plastics! Amy’s Lentil Vegetable soup, 1/2 a whole wheat lavash wrap rolled up around hummus
and later – an apple pie larabar and an iced coffee
I am exhausted today and totally reminded of why I left my job. The commute between here and the city is so draining. It sucks the life right outta me!
And now, because my eyes feel like they have weights hanging from the, I’ll leave you with some confessions I need to get off my chest before going to sleep. Any chance you want to confess something to make me feel less bad??
1. I didn’t post dinner tonight because I was a ravenous monster that forgot it’s camera on the way out the door to eat (non vegan) pizza
2. I actually ate two whole wheat lavash/hummus roll ups – one in the car and one that I shoved in my mouth while heating up my soup for lunch
3. I got bored on my drive today and read a blog post while driving…through construction. I know, I know.
4. When I commuted an hour each way last year, I would read blogs while driving on the interstate everyday on my way home. Again, I know. I really do know, and it won’t happen again. Promise!
5. I’m highly considering getting my nose pierced again. Mom, pretend you didn’t read that.
6. I never floss my teeth.
7. Sometimes I forget to set my alarm on purpose because I don’t want to get up early
8. I chew on my lip all the time and it drives the husband cuh-razy.
9. I don’t always wash my blender after making a green monster – often I just rinse it out
10. Right now my laundry room looks like a tornado hit it – some of the clothes are clean, some are dirty. There’s really no way to tell.
11. I sometimes screen phone calls because I hate talking on the phone.
As mentioned earlier, I’ll be leaving civilation as we know it at 8am tomorrow morning, so I’ll have no access to blogging until Friday morning. I’ll miss you all, and I can’t wait to get back and catch up on all your posts! I’ll have a scheduled post popping up tomorrow as well as a special surprise poster on Thursday!