A couple of you guessed right earlier today – I got my nose pierced! What’s funny is that I don’t think most people would consider me the type to have a piercing anywhere other than my ears. But alas, I have an affinity for nose piercings. That is, as long as they’re the right kind, ie. very teeny tiny.
The night before we left Thailand after our year there, a bunch of my friends were getting tattoos, so I decided to get my nose pierced that night. On our journey back home to the U.S., we had a 3 day layover in Tokyo, and because I couldn’t find a smaller stud to replace the monstrous one they pierced it with, I took it out. I hadn’t seen my family in a year, and I didn’t want to freak them out right when I stepped off the plane:) lol.
So, now that I am not teaching anymore, I decided it would be the perfect time to get it done again! I love it!
Anyway, lets get to eats for the day and then I have an exciting surprise!
I actually had a really weird eating day today. I just didn’t really have much of an appetite. A couple hours after my coffee this morning, I snacked on the tiny bit of leftovers from last night’s Tempeh Stir Fried Rice.
This was just as delicious as it was the first time around!
And then a few hours later I finally broke down and just made a peanut butter and grilled banana sandwich. It seems that when my appetite is gone and nothing sounds good – peanut butter always saves the day!
For dinner tonight we decided to go out. Don’t even ask why…we just felt like it! How’s that for livin’ in the moment;) Anyway, I picked up some Panera, and it was deeelicious!
Mediterranean veggie sandwich (hold the feta!) and strawberry poppyseed salad
major lol – I didn’t realize until after I uploaded this photo that there is a huge fly on my sandwich! Doh!
So today I ordered two Operation Beautiful books (by one of my favorite bloggers, Caitlin) off Amazon – one for myself and one for my little cousin. Then I went to the website of our local bookstore, which by the way I’ve been to twice since the book dropped, and found out that they had just gotten it in! Obviously I had to buy a 3rd copy:)
waiting at Panera
Hmmm…any ideas on what to do with this lone 3rd copy???
How ’bout a giveaway!?!
For those of you who have already purchased a copy (yay!), enter anyway and think of someone you love who you can pass it on to!
Here’s how you can get up to fifteen entries. Do as many or as few as you would like!
- For one entry: leave a comment on this post with an Operation Beautiful message of your own. It can be as simple as “you are beautiful!”
- For two entries: leave an Operation Beautiful note somewhere and just tell me you left one (honor system;)
- For three entries (this is getting serious now:): follow me (@chiaseedme) on twitter, tweet about the giveaway and let me know you did so in the comments. You can use the following: enter to win an #operationbeautiful book! @chiaseedme http://wp.me/pMkFT-tN
- For four entries: put ChiaSeedMe on your blogroll and leave a comment telling me you did. If it’s already there, just tell me that!
- For five entries (I know, right?!): blog about the giveaway and copy and paste the link (to the specific post) in the comments
Giveaway will run until midnight on Tuesday, August 10th (my birthday!).
I’m so excited about this giveaway, and I hope you are too! It’s time for a revolution in the way we see ourselves. We can’t do enough to spread the word.
Also, if you win and you would like for me to take the book to Healthy Living Summit and get Caitlin’s autograph – I’d be happy to! I’ll pop it in the mail as soon as I get home.
See you guys tomorrow! You are beautiful:)
other posts you might enjoy...
23 Responses to “giveaway: Operation Beautiful book!”
- Tweets that mention giveaway: Operation Beautiful book!|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds -- Topsy.com - [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Candice, Candice. Candice said: swing by and enter to win the #operationbeautiful ...
- day in the life of olive|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] forget to enter my giveaway for your very own Operation Beautiful [...]
- day in the life of olive pt 2 + summery salad recipe|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] you all have a fantastic and relaxing weekend! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway for the Operation Beautiful ...
- beauty in imperfection|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] a moment to click over and enter the giveaway for an Operation Beautiful book! Giveaway ends August 10th at ...