…but that doesn’t mean it was good.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5-2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1.5 tbsp tamari
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2-3 pinches chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg firm or extra firm tofu (frozen or fresh) cut in half lengthwise then sliced 1/4 to 1/2 in thick squares, and patted to remove excess moisture
- 2-3 tbsp raw or pre-roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an 8×12 in baking dish, combine lime juice, agave nectar, tamari, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, and salt and stir to mix.
- Stir in oil.
- Add tofu and turn to coat each side
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven to turn tofu over, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and return to oven to bake uncovered for another 13-15 minutes, until tofu has soaked up most of marinade.
- Serve warm, pouring any remaining oil and/or spices over tofu.
recipe adapted from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan
It’s not you, Dreena, it’s me.
Tofu and I have never gotten along.
We have a love/hate relationship. As in love when we meet at Pei Wei and hate when we meet anywhere else.
Not sure what went wrong to be honest. The flavor was not bad, but the texture was not good. Maybe I should have bought extra firm instead of just firm? Any suggestions? I need help!
This is not the last you’ll see of me, tofu. I’ll be back. And eventually I will win.
other posts you might enjoy...
5 Responses to “Well, I ate it…”
- lovehate « Эхо блогосферы - [...] candice пишет: We have a love/hate relationship. As in love when we meet at Pei Wei and hate when ...
- tofu redemption|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] I finished blog venting about my tofu fail last night, I walked back into the kitchen where my tofu ...