So, today was just a cookie kind of day.
I woke up this morning and went to PiYo and then came home to do some more PiYo. I teach my second class one week from today. eek!
I am also going to go ahead and get my yoga certification. Yay! I signed up for the course on September 11th – 12th just outside of Dallas (sis – I need to crash your place that night:). I’m getting certified for level one yoga through YogaFit, and then we’ll see where I go from there! My first official PiYo class (not subbing) will start the week before that, as will the yoga class I’ll be teaching. So, I’ll be teaching one yoga class without my certification. oops! I plan on just making it very PiYo-esque for the first class.
Anyway, so after PiYo-ing it all morning long, I decided cookie making was definitely in order for the afternoon. The husband’s boss is going on maternity leave (today was her last day), and Jon and I adore her, so I though I’d make her some cookies to kick it off right!
“You Got Peanut Butter in My Chocolate” cookies from Eat,Drink and Be Vegan
wheat free and vegan
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar (I used pure cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp spelt flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2-2 1/2 tbsp agave nectar (or more maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 1/4-1/3 natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine sugar, chocolate chips, and salt, sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and stir until well combined
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, agave nectar, vanilla and oil until well mixed.
- Add wet mixture to dry, and stir until just well combined (do not overmix).
- With a knife, cut in peanut butter into batter, but just a little, so peanut butter remains in chunks and swirls in batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of batter onto baking sheet evenly spaced apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes (no longer, or they will dry out).
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 1 minute (no longer), then transfer to a cooling rack.
My only advice is to go make these cookies right now, then go buy this cookbook and make everything else in it too. It’s that good:)
I also made a batch of Super Charge Me cookies, but we’ll save those for later!
Jon and I are going to go see Eat Pray Love tonight, and I’m so excited! The last couple times we’ve planned to see a movie, we’ve ended up bailing at the last minute, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we actually make it there. I’m only halfway through the book, so I’m committing a major faux pas by going to see it, but o’well!
I’ll see you guys tomorrow!
Have you seen the movie or read the book? What did you think?
other posts you might enjoy...
7 Responses to “a cookie kind of day”
- the small things|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] also had a Supercharge Me cookie and half of Jon’s You Got Peanut Butter in my Chocolate cookie:) Cookies ...
- a hoax|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] Cookies were baked (and eaten!) [...]
- want some cookies?|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] I’ll choose one comment out of all of you who guess correctly by tomorrow night at 8pm, and I’ll ...