Jon and I woke up bright and early this morning and headed out for a three mile run. It actually wasn’t too terribly humid and hot, and therefore was almost enjoyable. I said almost
Soon after we got back, I was starving for breakfast and was wasting time on twitter while trying to decide what to have when Evan tweeted an idea for the Vega Shake and Go Smoothie mix from the HLS swag bag. It sounded too good to pass up, so I went for it!
First, I mashed a whole banana until it was fairly smooth. I then mixed in two heaping spoonfuls of Vega powder, 1/3 cup of raw oats and a splash of almond milk. It turned out like a thick chocolate pudding! My only complaint is that it was a tiny bit grainy from the powder. Next time I think I’ll go a little easier on the powder, but otherwise it was awesome! And full of protein!
The Vega mix is completely plant based and is corn, dairy, gluten, soy, wheat and yeast free. Per serving it has:
- Two servings of veggies
- 2500 mg Omega-3-6-9
- 11 g complete protein
- Only 100 calories
- 1 billion probiotics cultures
Pretty cool, right? I have yet to find a protein powder that I like, but I’m a fan of this.
This morning I had my first meeting with a new student that I’m going to be tutoring! She’s from Korea, and I’ll be tutoring her 3 days a week now. I’m pretty excited about it – something inside me just lights up when I work with international students.
After my meeting I had lunch with my friend Grace at Panera. I ordered a version of my favorite – Mediterranean Veggie sandwich, Garden Vegetable soup and a whole grain baguette.
And an Adora disc for dessert. Not sure what I’m gonna do when these run out – I’ve gotten kind of attached:)
Okay, now onto the good stuff. Sorry to leave you hangin’.
How about some chia seeds from ChiaSeedsDirect.com to make it up to you?
I don’t like to bombard you guys with giveaways, but I honestly just cannot pass up an opportunity to spread the chia love:)
The lovely folks at ChiaSeedsDirect have been gracious enough to offer a free 2lb. bag of chia seeds to one fabulous ChiaSeedMe reader.
There are five different ways you can enter (1 entry for each one you do):
- leave a comment on this post telling me the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done OR something adventurous you want to do in the future
- add ChiaSeedMe to your blogroll and tell me you did or if it already is tell me that
- follow me on twitter (@chiaseedme) and tweet about the giveaway using the following: @chiaseedme enter to win free chia seeds!! http://chiaseedme.com/?p=2235
- decide on one random act of kindness you will do sometime this week and tell me what it is (and you have to do it – honors system!)
- mention the giveaway in a blog post and link to it in the comments
Please make sure and tell me which of the five you did in the comments.
The giveaway will run until Sunday, August 29th at midnight.
If you haven’t checked out ChiaSeedsDirect yet, you should! They are an awesome company that offers the highest quality chia seeds at very low prices with free shipping on all U.S. orders. You can’t beat that! Also, if you are interested, feel free to download a free 16-page booklet on chia seeds, chia seed uses and chia seed recipes by using the following link: http://www.chiaseedsdirect.com/frreonchsehe.html.
**giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Sorry!
See you all later!
other posts you might enjoy...
37 Responses to “giveaway time! spreading the chia love <3”
- lentil tacos + a guest post|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] of chia seeds, did you enter my chia seed giveaway earlier today? I am loving hearing about everyone’s adventurous ...
- last night’s dinner|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] forget to enter the chia seed giveaway!! Am I sounding like a broken record [...]
- a hoax|ChiaSeedMe | My Healthy Living Blog with a Sprinkle of Chia Seeds - [...] Only a few more hours left to enter the chia seed giveaway! [...]