Remember a couple of months ago when I made this?
How about this?
If you remember, I told you that I’d be hosting a giveaway to give one CSM reader their very own spiralizer.
Well the time has come!
CSN stores has offered to give away a $45 giftcard to one of you guys. If you’re not familiar with CSN, they have hundreds of online stores in which they carry everything from wardrobes to cookware to chic light fixtures. You could seriously browse for hours! Not that I would know.
So, while I’d love for you to show the spiralizer some love (’cause I know it would love you right back), I also think it’s great to let you guys choose whatever you want!
So here’s the scoop:
- For one entry leave a comment on this post telling me if you had to pick one food to eat every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- For one entry put ChiaSeedMe on your blogroll
- For one entry mention the giveaway in a blog post and link back to this post
- For one entry follow me on twitter (@chiaseedme)
You can enter as many ways as you want – just make sure to let me know which ones you did (or already do) in the comments! Good luck!
The contest will close next Monday at midnight (central time).
**Unfortunately, this giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Sorry, international friends:(
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
This morning I put in a quick interval workout just like yesterday’s. My legs felt like lead! I wanted to stop so badly after about 15 minutes, but I just kept telling myself “you are strong, confident, and you have the ability to have a kick-butt workout!”
I’m not gonna lie though – it felt so good to stop and walk:) I’m reminded this week of the key to truly motivate myself as far as workouts. Wanna know the secret?
That’s right. Workout.
Getting to the gym, feeling those endorphins flow, and beginning to feel and see improvements in your health will give you the motivation and drive to keep going each day. It will work, I promise.
So, I had big plans to tell you guys about the creamiest squash soup you’ll ever taste, but that will have to be postponed now. Tonight’s dinner was just too good to keep to myself.
Tofu Broccoli Cashew Asian Stir-fry
adapted from Eat Drink and Be Vegan
1 pkg extra firm tofu, cut into rectangles
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp agave nectar (pure maple syrup would also work I think)
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
.5 tbsp molasses
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
2 pinches of sea salt
2 tbsp water
2 red, orange or yellow bell peppers
.5 cup raw cashews
Is this not the most awesome pepper you’ve ever seen? My step-dad picked it from his garden and gave it to me (after my sister and I fought over it, that is:). Thanks, Clark! I didn’t want to say good-bye to it, but alas, I needed a second red bell pepper.
- Place tofu rectangles in a shallow dish. Pour soy sauce and vinegar over the top and make sure each piece is covered. Allow tofu to marinate for 10-15 minutes
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk sauce ingredients until arrowroot powder is dissolved
- In a large skillet or wok, heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add tofu and saute until all sides are browned (I like mine crispy on the outside!)
- Remove tofu from pan and set it aside
- Add a little bit more oil, 2 tbsp water and broccoli to wok/skillet. Place a lid over it and allow to cook for about 5 minutes
- Add bell pepper and continue to saute for another several minutes
- Add tofu, sauce and cashews and toss to coat
- Continue to cook on medium heat until sauce has thickened
Serve over brown rice, quinoa, bulgur or any other grain!
This was by far the best stir-fry meal I’ve ever made – it tasted like it came straight from an Asian restaurant. I think the key ingredient is the arrowroot powder. It makes the sauce thick and syrupy, mmmm.
Wel,, that’s it for tonight! I’ve got to go look over my yoga class for tomorrow night. I didn’t teach last week because we were in DC, so I’m feeling a little rusty. A few down dogs and sun salutations, and I’ll be back in business methinks.
And by the way, you may notice some changes around these parts over the next few days. The husband is working out some kinks and getting a little crazy at times, but I’m trying to keep him reigned in. You give him an inch…
Also, I added a couple of new pages at the top today and revamped some of my old ones! If you have a second, check out my new “about” page as well as my “moves” page, which also has some info about PiYo. Let me know what ya think!
Oh, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway!! If you’re not in the market for anything for yourself, you could win someone a Christmas present!
What is your key motivator for working out? Do you have any tricks for staying consistent when the going gets tough? Please share!
other posts you might enjoy...
54 Responses to “the secret to workout motivation + a giveaway!”
- Satayin’ alive » BLUNDER CONSTRUCTION - [...] not tonight! Thanks to the amazing looking stir-fry I saw today on Chiaseedme (she also just announced a fabulous ...
- a big bowl of mustard|ChiaSeedMe - [...] Don’t forget to enter my giveaway. I’ll love you [...]
- a bit heavy for a morning run|ChiaSeedMe - [...] forget to enter my giveaway if you haven’t [...]