I find it so difficult to write a post after being gone for awhile. There is just so much to catch up on it’s overwhelming!
This couple of weeks or so have been so busy. Someone please tell me how I went from living in our small town, the husband and I both working 2 minutes from home, spending our evenings working on Outbox, blogging and playing with Olive to living with my mom, commuting an hour each way, job searching, building a house and having visiting hours with Olive…all in a matter of weeks! It has been an exciting time, but definitely hasn’t been without stress and tiredness. I had to force myself to let everything go quiet here for a little bit while I tried to keep my head above water. But I’m back for the time being and ready to catch up!
Here’s a bit of what I’ve been doing (in random order):
- The husband, Olive and I visited Duncan for Easter. Of course mom and dad McCoy were there, but my brother-in-law and sister-in-law also came, carrying with them my (unborn:) nephew, baby McCoy. Have I told you I’m going to be an aunt???
- Our house got sheet rock! We were surprised at how soon it went up – one day we drove out to check on things and we had gotten walls! It was so exciting to finally be able to really see how big the rooms will be and what it really looks like inside. Since then we’ve been scrambling to try and make final decisions on paint colors. counter-tops, back splash, lights etc. It’s been super fun, but also stressful. The hardest part is trying to envision what something will look like based on a tiny sample. Oh, and trying to decide where to spend money on upgrades and where to save. All I can say is it’s a good thing the husband and I agree on most things, or we’d really be in trouble. The other night we went to the house to try and mark on the ceiling where we wanted the dining room light to be moved to. This was harder than you might think seeing as how it was pitch dark and our ceilings are nine feet high. One thing I know for absolute certain is that I will never get on the husband’s shoulders in a pitch black room again…scariest thing I’ve ever done.
- I started my new job! I was offered a job at the ESL Institute I told you about but instead of it being full-time teaching, I’ll also be responsible for other office type duties. I’ll be taking over communication with agents in the countries they work with – Korea, Taiwan, China, Vietnam – to be able to recruit students. I’ll also be in charge of trying to find home-stays for students once they get here and some other random things. I’m super excited about it. Next week though, I’ll be subbing full-time for one of the teachers who is going on vacation, so I’m spending part of this week preparing for that.
- The husband and I celebrated my new job by eating cupcakes at the house!
- We spent the weekend with some friends who live in town and some from out of town. We were all good friends in college, but I hadn’t seen a couple of them in ages. It was such a breath of fresh air to spend time talking about old times and catching up on what’s going on now. One of my best friends from college, Hannah, has two of the prettiest and sweetest little girls who helped entertain us as well. We all tried a couple of new restaurants in OKC together, and reviews will be forthcoming!
- The husband and I ran our 2nd half marathon! With pouring rain and thunderstorms the entire race (and hail right after we finished), it was rather interesting and it definitely didn’t go quite as we expected. But I still felt so proud and euphoric as we raced across the finish line, soaked to the bone. I’ll be posting a full race recap later, so stay tuned!
So, those are a few of the highlights of what’s been going on lately. I’m hoping to be able to pull myself together to start posting more regularly again, but as you all know life has to come first. We only have seven weeks left until we close on our house…it’s getting closer!
Miss you all so much and hope everything is going well