This past week in San Francisco was week 21 of being pregnant. 5 months! I know it sounds cliche, but I just can’t believe how fast time if flying by.
I cannot wait for these two to get here so we can meet them. But I’m also savoring these last moments just Jon and I. Overall though, I literally just walk around with a silly smile on my face most of the time because I’m just so happy and so darn thankful that I’ve got these little babies inside me.
While the first part of pregnancy was just plain scary for me, I feel like I’ve really settled in the last month or so. I don’t worry much anymore, which of course is easier now that there are visible signs that they’re growing. And I’m feeling so much better – like I’m on top of the world with tons of energy!
The best part of the last couple of weeks though, has been feeling them move! It started out super subtle, to the point that I wasn’t absolutely sure it was them. But now they’re moving around all the time. If it’s not one, it’s the other. Like a 24 hour party in there:) A couple of times I’ve even called Jon in because I swear he’d be able to feel them from the outside, but both times they got shy and completely stopped moving, haha. It’s hard for me to go to sleep and get out of bed in the morning because I just want to lay there and feel them forever.
Other fun (and not so fun) developments from week 21:
- the twins’ first trip to the west coast
- we bought and set up the cribs!
- lots and lots of back pain on my right side – laying down, sitting down, walking…doesn’t matter
- 2 random people asked me when I was due:)
- heartburn is getting worse and worse
- the babies weigh about 3/4 lb. each and are each about 10.5 inches long (the length of a carrot)
- they now have eyebrows and eyelids!