27 Things I want to happen during my 27th year
1. fall more deeply in love with my Savior
2. come to know and love my husband on a deeper level
3. spend more time with my family whether by phone call or visit – definitely accomplished this by living with them for 4 months!
4. become more patient I never dreamed how much I would have to work on patience this year.
5. run another marathon Considering all the unexpected craziness this year, I say a half marathon totally counts!
6. let go of guilt
7. get certified as a yoga instructor
8. write more – need to work on making quantitative goals:) I do think I’ve written as much or more by blogging and article writing
9. read 20 books – The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom, The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, Thin is the New Happy by Valerie Frankel, The World is Bigger Now by Euna Lee, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld, Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay, Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok, Somewhere Inside by Laura Ling and Lisa Ling
10. learn to be happy without being perfect – this is not nearly quantitative enough, but I really do feel like I improved in this area.
11. travel (don’t care where!) (so far we’ve traveled here, here and here this year)
12. give up diet coke for good (this is a whole ‘nother post in itself) – eek. Didn’t accomplish this at all.
13. be consistent in taking my vitamins so much better about this now!
14. perfect the tricep push-up
15. get better at remembering people’s birthdays
16. recycle more – I’ve gotten in the habit by living with my step-dad. Now the husband and I just have to keep it up once we move!
17. perfect my homemade salsa recipe!
18. drink more juice (a work in progress as seen here, here, here, here, here etc)
19. switch to natural/organic personal care products (I tried!)
20. learn how to make good tofu (see here, here, and here)
21. pay off our car – so close!
22. open my own t-shirt shop on csm
23. buy Jon an ipad
24. stress less – not sure that I stressed less, but I have definitely learned how to manage my stress better
25. improve my photog skills (definitely have improved since taking my class, but still practicing all the time!)
26. clean out and organize our guest room
27. keep bloggin’ my little heart away:)